Every year children are reported missing on Halloween. There are steps that you can take to help your family stay safe from abduction.
- Since almost everyone will have costumes, you should have a password that you tell your kids to memorize just in case they get mixed up with another child. For instance; the password is “Scooby Doo went to the moon”; child got lost by accident, but remembers the password. A stranger comes over and tells him your parents are waiting for you over there, Child answers “what’s the password? They obviously will not know it and make something up, “turtle”.. Child remembers that the password is “Scooby Do went to the moon”, and runs to someone for help.
- Teach your kids what to do if they get lost: “if you get lost run inside a store and ask for help from someone with a “uniform” (people who work there). “Please help someone is trying to take me away, that’s not my mom/dad”.
- Make sure your kids know their parent’s phone number: If they get lost and ask for help, they will need to know the phone number that they can reach you on. Since majority of parents have cell phones, and are often not home during the day and or night time (on special occasions), it would be best for your kids to know your cell phone number.
- It is very important that your child learns how to get around their own neighborhood. Just in case they get lost.
- Have a very close relationship with some neighbors so your kids have friends to go trick or treating with. Do NOT let your kids go Trick or Treating Alone!! It is best to go with group of people.
- If your kids have cell phone’s make sure they take them along. If they lose it don’t be upset at them, the situation could be a lot worse.
- Teach your kids their House Address!
- Teach them how important it is to call 911!
- Be sure to take them to a Karate Classes at the very least 2x a week at AmeriKick!!!
- AmeriKick has award winning classes for kids and adults.
Pick your location and call to set up a introductory lesson.